THE APPLICATION PORTAL FOR THE SCALE-UP EDUCATOR APPLICATION IS NOW.
SCALE-UP PROGRAM TIMELINE
- January 9, 2023: Educator application opens
- February 28, 2023, 6:00 PM Central Standard Time: Educator application submission deadline
- March – April 2023: Regional STEM Advisory Boards review applications
- April 7, 2023: Awardees notified
- May 2023: Program providers provided list of awardees
- Summer 2023: Training, professional development in preparation for program implementation during 2023-2024 academic year
- July 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024: Implementation
WHO CAN APPLY?
PreK-12 cross-curricular educators, both in and out of the classroom, are eligible to apply, so long as they have undergone a criminal background check as a requirement of employment. Eligible applicant(s) include public and private school PreK-12 teachers, youth organization leaders, informal education professionals, home school associations and others who deliver STEM education programming. Every applicant must secure the commitment and signature of the institution’s lead administrator(s).
THIS PROGRAM IS AN AWARD, NOT A GRANT.
It is a program delivered to selected applicants. The STEM Scale-Up Program funding is provided from the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council Regional STEM Hub Institutions directly to the STEM Scale-Up Program Provider, rather than to the selected applicant. On occasion, some STEM Scale-Up Program options may require out-of-pocket funds as noted in their descriptions.
HELP US EVALUATE THE PROGRAMS.
Once the program has been implemented, all awarded educators will be required to participate in assessing the effectiveness of their awarded program with the following:
- An educator survey to be completed at the end of the STEM Scale-Up Program; and
- A student participant list to be completed at the end of the STEM Scale-Up Program.
- [Note: Some STEM Scale-Up Program providers may request additional evaluation data.]
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND RESOURCES FOR THE APPLICATION
- 2023-2024 STEM Scale-Up Program Menu
- Help Guide
- A copy of the STEM Scale-Up Program application
- Scoring Rubric
- Iowa’s Regional STEM Managers and a map of their regions
- Need guidance on sustainability sources? Click here to learn more about the various ways to build partnerships in your community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS VIDEO
00:32 Who may apply?
01:05 Creating a User Account
02:18 Starting and Completing an Application
05:12 Question on Fulfilling Program Expectations
05:49 Question on Program Implementation
06:05 Question on Plans to Sustain the Program
06:34 Question on Reaching Children of High Need and/or Under-representation
08:56 Application Status
If you have questions about the program or the application process, please contact your Regional STEM Manager.